Vocal Artist Information
Artists from our postponed 2020 season have been invited to join our 2021 Company.
A list of roles to be filled will be posted by January 5 and they will be cast by YouTube auditions in January and February.
- Download and complete the OIO Artist application 2021.
- If applying for aid, complete the Scholarship application 2021.
- Attach a one-page résumé listing education, opera/musical theater experience. Include roles and opera scenes performed and other related skills and experience (instrumental, dance, theater, etc.)
- Attach a headshot — black & white or color
- Pay the $25 nonrefundable application fee by check money order or credit card.
- Send to: Artist Auditions, Opera in the Ozarks 7260 N. San Maria Place, Tucson, AZ 85704-1949
Read the posted materials and application forms carefully. Questions? Email Yvonne at email@example.com.
Our video audition procedures align with those recommended by Opera America.
Download here: Opera America remote audition guidelines 6-2020
Recording your video auditon:
- Accompaniment with piano or using a piano track is required.
- If needed for safe-distancing, wearing a mask is acceptable but arranging to record in a large space allowing you to sing without one would be better.
- Any location or background is acceptable.
- If possible, focus your camera so that we see you head to foot. Make sure that there is good lighting so we can see your facial expression without shadows, if possible.
- At the beginning of your recording state your name once and what you will sing before each selection.
- Submit only continous takes (no splicing or editing)
- Do not lip-synch or manipulate the audio recording (adding reverb, splicing, etc.).
- Above all, make sure that the sound quality is as good as possible.
- Upload your selections to YouTube and make sure that the privacy settings will allow them to be viewed.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line: Last Name, First Name, voice type, program YouTube audition.
- In the body of the email, insert functioning links to three individual selections with titles.
- Your audition will not be viewed until we have received a complete application packet and you have paid the application fee.
The conditions under which you are auditioning can be difficult; we understand these challenges. Know that at least two of the submitted videos will be reviewed in their entirety by the Artistic Director who will focus on the quality of your voice, artistry and presentation not on the quality of the recording.
Your Live Audition
Sorry, not this year!