Artist Audition Information
Opera in the Ozarks announces auditions for the 2022 Season of Così fan tutte,
La rondine, A Little Night Music and Pinocchio, the Studio Artist production.
Opera in the Ozarks at Inspiration Point will be using YAP Tracker for our applications this year.
- Click here for the OIO 2022 Vocal Artist Application. You do not need to be a paying subscriber to YAP Tracker to use the application form, although you will need an account (guest accounts are available; see the YAP Tracker website for details). Registration can be completed at YAP Tracker.
- If applying for financial aid: download, complete, sign and upload the OIO scholarship application 2022 to your application.
- To your application please upload:
- a one-page résumé
- a headshot (black and white or color)
- Three video selections (see instructions and guidelines below)
- a short, informal video (1-2 minutes, recorded on your cell phone is OK) in which you share: 1) how you believe you most need and want to grow as an aspiring artist, and 2) how you believe being a member of the 2022 OIO company and that experience would further those goals. Outline but don’t script it. Have fun, we want to get sense of your personality
- Pay the $25 nonrefundable application fee by check, money order, debit/credit card.
- Questions? First, search this website thoroughly THEN email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR VIDEO AUDITION
Our video audition procedures align with those recommended by Opera America. Download here: Opera America remote audition guidelines 6-2020. Watch this: A short video about filming and recording your audition.
Recording your video audition:
- Prepare three selections, at least one in Italian and one in English. One selection may be an art song or musical theater piece.
- Accompaniment with piano or using a piano track is required.
- If absolutely needed for safety, singing with a mask is acceptable. It would be much better to record in a large space allowing you to sing without a mask but possibly your accompanist masked.
- Any location or background is acceptable.
- If possible, focus your camera so that we see you head to foot. Make sure that there is good lighting so we can see your facial expression without shadows.
- At the beginning of your recording state your name once and what you will sing before each selection.
- Do not lip-synch or manipulate the audio recording (adding reverb, splicing, etc.).
- Above all, before uploading to YAP Tracker make sure that the sound quality is as good as possible.
In this time of pandemic, the conditions under which you are auditioning might be difficult; we understand these challenges. Know that at least two of the submitted videos will be reviewed in their entirety by the Artistic Director who will focus on the quality of your voice, artistry and presentation not on the technical quality of the recording.