Live auditions are scheduled for January and February in New York, Boston, Ann Arbor, Bloomington, Chicago, Conway AR, Norman, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Los Angeles and Tucson.
Your application: required materials. Applications may be submitted beginning November 15.
- Completed OIO Artist Application 2020
- If applying for scholarship, Scholarship Application 2020
- A one-page résumé listing education, opera/musical theater experience. Include roles and opera scenes performed and other related skills and experience (instrumental, dance, theater, etc.)
- Headshot — black & white or color
- $50 nonrefundable application fee, payable to “IPFAC.” For applications received by January 4 the fee is $40.
- Final application deadline: February 15.
Submission of materials online is not possible. Please send all required materials to:
OIO Artists Auditions 7260 N. San Maria Place Tucson, AZ 85704-1949
Read the posted materials and application forms carefully. If you still have questions email Yvonne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video record three selections, as above, with your own accompanist
- At the beginning of your recording state your name, state what you will sing before each selection
- Focus your camera so that we see you head to foot. Make sure that there is good lighting so we can see your facial expression without shadows, if possible. Above all, make sure that the sound quality is as good as possible.
- After uploading to YouTube, make sure that the links work so we can access your videos. Send an email with the subject line: [ your Last name, first name] [voice type] YouTube audition. In the body of the email list your selections and copy your links. Send the email to email@example.com.
- DVDs should be similarly filmed. Send to the Tucson address with a letter listing the selections.
Live Audition Deadlines:
Priority application deadlines for receipt of complete applications are 2 days before the desired live audition (see Live Audition Schedule). We are often able to accommodate requests up until the day of the audition. In this case, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time. There are sometimes opportunities for walk-ins on the day of the audition.
Your live audition:
- Prepare three selections, at least one in Italian and English
- One selection may be an art song or musical theater piece
- A pianist is provided for all live auditions but you may bring your own accompanist if you wish
First offers of acceptance into the program and scholarship awards are made in early February. All applicants will be notified of their status no later than March 21. To cast some roles, additional applications will sometimes be accepted until the casting is complete.