As part of its mission, Opera in the Ozarks offers competitive internships for aspiring arts managers to gain critical experience in many areas of performing arts management.
Interns are expected to contribute between 20 and 40 hours per week during the internship. Upon acceptance into the program, interns develop a schedule based on their availability. Projects and activities are held throughout the year; however, most interns will work and be in residence during the summer season. Applicants must be currently enrolled juniors or seniors in undergraduate programs, Master’s candidates, or have completed a degree within the past year.
Compensation: Meals and housing will be provided for resident interns. Interns may receive complimentary tickets to Opera in the Ozarks events during the internship and/or academic credit for either their college or university upon request. OIO is not an accredited institution; therefore college credit must be granted by the intern’s current college or university.
Internships for Aspiring Arts Managers
Opera in the Ozarks internships are offered in many departments including:
- Fundraising (Individual Giving, Corporate & Foundation Relations, Special Events, Volunteer Management, Grant Writing)
- Marketing (Press, Advertising, Graphic Design, Institutional)
- Education (Informance Tours, Seniors Programs, Outreach)
- Photography—Must have own equipment
- Videographer (Recording and Production) Must have own equipment
- Production Management
How to Apply: The positions will be filled as qualified applications are received and reviewed. To be considered for these positions, please send the following materials (where appropriate) via email with attachments to email@example.com – include in the subject line: “OIO Internship” and your name.
* Current Resume
* One letter of academic/professional reference
* A portfolio of your most recent work
Questions regarding these internships should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.