Vocal Artist Information
Live auditions are scheduled for January and February in New York, Boston, Little Rock, Norman, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Los Angeles, Tucson, Ann Arbor, Chicago, Lawrence and Kansas City.
- Submit a completed OIO Artist application 2020
- If applying for scholarship, Scholarship application 2020
- Include a one-page résumé listing education, opera/musical theater experience. Include roles and opera scenes performed and other related skills and experience (instrumental, dance, theater, etc.)
- Include a headshot — black & white or color
- A check or money order for the $50 nonrefundable application fee, payable to “IPFAC.”
For applications received by January 4 the fee is $40.
Submission of materials online is not possible. Please send all required materials to:
OIO Artists Auditions 7260 N. San Maria Place Tucson, AZ 85704-1949
Read the posted materials and application forms carefully. If you still have questions email Yvonne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video record three selections, as above, with your own accompanist
At the beginning of your recording state your name, state what you will sing before each selection
Focus your camera so that we see you head to foot. Make sure that there is good lighting so we can see your facial expression without shadows, if possible. Above all, make sure that the sound quality is as good as possible.
Upload to YouTube, and email the link with your name to email@example.com.
Or mail DVD to:
Opera in the Ozarks – Auditions
7260 San Maria Place
Tucson, Arizona 85704
Your Live Audition
Prepare 3 Selections:
1 Italian, 1 English, 1 Your Choice
One selection may be an art song or musical theater piece. A pianist is provided for all live auditions but you may bring your own accompanist if you wish.
Live Audition Deadlines:
Application deadlines for receipt of complete applications are 2 days before the desired live audition (see Live Audition Schedule). We are often able to accommodate requests up until the day of the audition. In this case, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time. There are sometimes opportunities for walk-ins on the day of the audition.